Friday, September 23, 2011

Alive and Still Kicking

I just became aware that I haven't posted anything since nearly a year ago. How odd, since in the non-cyber world I tend to be pretty vociferous, or so I've been told numerous times. I don't care too much about the name-calling, though. Things that used to rile me tend to roll off my back, at least more than in my younger days. Plus, after nearly five decades of on and off martial arts training, I tend to be a lot less reactionary. I don't need to prove anything to myself or anyone else, and I really haven't been bullied since just prior to my embarking on said training, back in my teens. I heard that bullies can 'smell' a victim, and equally avoid those they sense are not victims. Maybe that's true, I don't know. It smacks of New Age mumbo-jumbo, though, and I abhor that type of thinking, so I assume it's something less ethereal and more subliminal. Instinctive, is maybe the word I'm groping for. Whatever. I still end up avoiding confrontation, just like in my pre-teen, bullied days. Less fear seems to be the difference.

I had two brushes with death, in February and then again in June, when an organ decided to turn on me and put me in hospital. After some testing and such, the doctors finally figured out the problem, took out an organ that was behind the attacks, and I seem to be all better now. My first trip to hospital for myself, since I was a baby. Hopefully, the last one for the duration.

The long and short of what is causing me to return to blogging, is that I have been doing a tonne of reading and reflecting; probably precipitated by my being recently forced to face my mortality so starkly. That said, I will start adding links to the sidebar (when I figure that all out) to the sites or stories that have resonated with me, as of late. There are some interesting things going on, on this planet, and some bloggers are out there shining lights in some dark places. I want to lend a hand in offering this information to others. Maybe my little blog will allow someone to read something that helps them, if only in some small way. Plus, it just seems right to pass on the info, for the sake of the Truth, or at least those in search of it.

Anyway, have a wonderful week-end. I hope to come back soon.

bye-ciao,
David

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the interest of Civility, comments are moderated. The Internet (and the world, actually) is rife with what are known as "haters" and I don't wish to add to the discord that already exists, any more than is necessary to show a contrary opinion. Otherwise, have at it. I'll read every one of them.